Technical Dribbling 1v1 Speed Acceleration – Objective
Today we will use a Technical Dribbling 1v1 Speed Acceleration session to continue our progress to get fit for our first game.
Every practice sessions starts with a light jog warm up and stretching.
- 5 minutes of light jog to activate our body muscles.
- It is followed by 2 minutes of stretching.
- Total: 7 minutes.
Technical Dribbling 1v1 Speed Acceleration – Details and Stages
The US SOCCER curriculum its best practices is followed. This methodology consists of 4 stages within a training session, focusing on progression throughout.
Technical Dribbling 1v1 Speed Acceleration – Stage I WARM UP
- Warm up dribbling relay with and without the ball.
- 2 groups, with cones 10 yards apart.
- Part I is without the ball, focusing on conditioning (suicides continuously), progressing to sharp competitive relay tagging the next player.
- Part II is with the soccer ball, with dribbling around the cone, a firm technical pass, turn and acceleration into space.
- Total: 25-35 minutes.
Technical Dribbling 1v1 Speed Acceleration – Stage II SMALL SIDED ACTIVITY
- We implement pressure from the opponent, direction to goal and transition from attack to defense.
- This is a 1v1 technical drill to small goals or a big goal, or a mix.
- We have 2 groups of players.
- Player 1 passes the ball to Player 2, Player 3 will defend the big goal.
- Player 1 will become the player receiving the ball on the next play.
- Teams will switch after 5-7 minutes.
- PROGRESSION: short pass to longer pass (aerial control).
- PROGRESSION: 5-7 second finishing rule.
- Total: 20-25 minutes.
Technical Dribbling 1v1 Speed Acceleration – Stage III EXPANDED SMALL SIDED ACTIVITY
- We require a slightly bigger field, and we have at least 1 big goal with a goalkeeper.
- Offside rule applies.
- We have bigger numbers on teams, 5v5 all the way up to 9v9, depending on the number of players at practice.
- Total: 15-25 minutes.
Technical Dribbling 1v1 Speed Acceleration – Stage IV FULL GAME
- All rules apply as during a regular league game.
- Players try to implement the lessons learned from practice.
- We play a full game with all players involved.
- Total: 15-25 minutes.
Technical Dribbling 1v1 Speed Acceleration – Coach Kevin Van Vreckem
Coach Kevin is part of the Boynton Knights FC Academy Program, who are partnered with Boca United Football Club.
They are operating under United Soccer Development Academy (USDA) as South Florida Football Academy.
Coach Kevin is from Belgium where he played at a decent level, he is a passionate and dedicate coach “for love of the game and kids”.
Appreciated and respected by many, therefore referrals available upon request.
Most importantly, thank you for reading my post about the Technical Dribbling 1v1 Speed Acceleration session.
Please reach out to me if you have any special requests or topics for a soccer session. I will try and cover that in one of the future soccer session blog posts.
Would you like to schedule a meeting with me?
Coach Kevin Van Vreckem
USSF National “D” License (2017)
Phone: (561) 654-0485